EVENT: HIMSS Healthcare Security Forum, Boston
Monday, December 9 and Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at The Westin Copley Place
Healthcare information security breaches now happen at least once per day, according to HIPPA Journal. That rate isn’t showing signs of slowing down—patient data records now fetch more than credit card accounts on black markets.
As the industry embeds tech into healthcare workflows and connects more medical devices, gaps in security are putting organizations at greater risk.
Join us at the Healthcare Security Forum to:
- Discover the emerging threats—and how experts recommend you prepare
- Learn how to maximize the security of your existing tech investments
- Attend collaborative breakout sessions on issues relevant to your organization
- Sneak a peek at the most-recognized healthcare organizations’ information security programs
- Get up close with and ask questions about the newest tech solutions
Don't miss Meditology's session on Day 1 at 1:45PM!
Enterprise Risk Management & Threat Intelligence
SPEAKERS: Brian Selfridge, Partner at Meditology Services, Anahi Santiago, Chief Information Security Officer at Christiana Care Health System and Denise Anderson, President And Chief Executive Officer at H-ISAC
A solid approach to enterprise security risk management (ESRM) signals a mature healthcare security program. It evaluates all security risks confronting an organization, prioritizes and addresses these risks proactively. This enables the organization to optimize its ability to provide safe, efficient, and effective patient care while protecting the assets required to do so.
ESRM goes much deeper than traditional security risk management. It’s also more difficult to execute and requires buy-in across the enterprise (not so easy). Yet despite challenges, it’s key to measuring all risks holistically and making wise strategic decisions – a must as organizations maneuver through an ever-changing and increasingly competitive healthcare landscape.
This session will help attendees:
- Differentiate ESRM from traditional risk management, and understand it’s role in organizational strategic planning.
- See how ESRM can lead to a more successful security program.
- Prepare your organization to adopt ESRM and identify elements for long-term success.
- Explain how ESRM is the necessary foundation for acting on cyber threat intelligence.
Additionally, a leading CISO will describe her experience implementing ESRM: the challenges, barriers and benefits.
Register for HIMSS Boston | Full Agenda