WEBINAR: SOC IT 2 Me: Security Healthcare Certifications Explained
This webinar explores the business drivers for healthcare security certifications and focuses on one of the most common and achievable certifications, the SOC 2 certification created by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Highlighted topics will include:
- Business drivers for healthcare security certifications
- Defining SOC 2 Type I and Type II certifications
- Explaining the trust service principles and security controls required for certification
- Outlining the SOC 2 certification process, timing, expectations, and cost considerations
- Sharing lessons learned and critical success criteria for SOC 2 certifications
- Comparing SOC 2, HITRUST (including the NIST CSF), ISO, PCI, and other certifications common to healthcare
- Exploring options and drivers for joint certifications (e.g. SOC 2 / HITRUST)
- Leveraging SOC 2 to support vendor security risk management programs
CISO and IT Risk Management Manager
Bethany is an experienced IT Risk Manager and Chief Information Security Officer with 7+ years’ experience with Meditology Services and a team leader who focuses on advising healthcare clients in areas of IT, privacy, security, and compliance. Bethany leads the practice's SOC 2 Assurance Line and has in-depth knowledge of security technology standards such as NIST, HITRUST, SOC 2, ISO 27001/2, HIPAA, HITECH and PCI. Recently, Bethany led the successful HITRUST certification of one of the largest health plans in the country.