Obtaining enterprise cybersecurity certifications can be a daunting task for those embarking on the process for the first time, as well as those that are managing repeat certifications.
Some critical questions emerge: Which certification is the best for my organization? How do I limit the cost, time, and requirements to achieve certification? Will obtaining a healthcare certification make us HIPAA compliant? What else do I need to know to get through the certification process?
Join us for this episode of The CyberPHIx as we speak with Bethany Page Ishii, Director at Meditology Services. Bethany leads Meditology’s healthcare cybersecurity certifications and shares her insights in working to successfully certify countless healthcare entities for more than a decade. Highlights of the discussion include:
- Overview and adoption levels for cybersecurity certifications in healthcare including SOC 2, HITRUST, ISO, and others
- Common pitfalls that can add time and cost to the certification process
- The role of certifications in addressing major breaches and supply chain risks
- The relationship between HIPAA compliance and security certifications
- How to handle security control gaps and still obtain certifications
- Review of security certifications for individuals and recommendations for healthcare professionals