Healthcare organizations are ramping up the adoption of enterprise security certifications to provide assurance of their security program and control effectiveness to their customers and partners. Some of the most common security certifications and attestations in healthcare include HITRUST and SOC 2 Type II.
Join us for our 100TH EPISODE of The CyberPHIx as we hear perspectives from healthcare security leaders on best practices for selecting and acquiring enterprise security certifications.
This special symposium is a collection of interviews with stakeholders on all sides of the certification including healthcare CISOs, assessor and certification specialists, healthcare vendors, healthcare delivery organizations, and certification bodies.
The Certification Symposium includes highlights from the following healthcare cybersecurity leaders:
- Michael Parisi - Vice President of Adoption, HITRUST
- Ed Dame - CISO, Dasher Services
- Angela Fitzpatrick - Managing Director, Meditology Services
- Paul Gray - CISO, Meditology Services
- Bethany Page-Ishii - Director, Meditology Services
- Deana Fuller - Senior Manager, Meditology Services
- Ryan Freeman-Jones - Leader, Meditology Services
- Brandon Weidemann - Manager, Meditology Services
- Jonathan Elmer - Manager, Meditology Services
- Derek Vorpahl - Director of Information Security and Risk Management, Davis Vision
Topics covered in this session include:
- What are HITRUST and SOC 2 Type II certifications?
- Business drivers for healthcare organizations to acquire HITRUST & SOC 2 certifications
- Which certification should we adopt? Comparing and contrasting certification options including HITRUST bC, HITRUST i1, HITRUST r2, SOC 2 Type II, and ISO
- Common pitfalls for HITRUST certifications
- Common challenges and pitfalls for SOC 2 Type II examinations
- Debunking certification myths and misunderstandings
- Accelerators and best practices for achieving HITRUST and SOC 2 certifications in a timely and cost-effective manner
- The role that certifications play in supporting HIPAA and OCR compliance
- Tips for selecting an assessor organization for HITRUST and SOC 2 certifications