New cybersecurity and privacy regulations have recently come into effect in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). These laws are coming at a time when the US, EU, and other countries are poised to introduce new regulations of their own designed to combat the global epidemic of cyber-attacks.
Listen in to this episode of The CyberPHIx as we speak with Mohammed Fadlalla, Co-Founder and Privacy Practice Leader for Archlight, the premier provider of healthcare cybersecurity and privacy consulting services in the UAE, Middle East and North Africa regions.
In this episode, we discuss details of the emerging cybersecurity regulations and risks in the UAE, as well as their impact to healthcare organizations locally and globally. Highlights of the discussion include:
- Overview of the new UAE cybersecurity and privacy regulations
- Scope and reach of the regulations and enforcement models
- Comparison of UAE regulations to HIPAA requirements
- Details of the healthcare ecosystem in the UAE
- Implications for vendors, payers, and other players operating in the UAE
- Privacy expectations for patients in the UAE and healthcare tourism
- Guidance for getting started with compliance and prioritizing remediation efforts