Join us for a very special episode of The CyberPHIx, where we take a look back at the major themes in healthcare cyber risk in the wild year that was 2020 - and also look forward toward 2021 and the next decade of security, privacy, and risk management challenges for healthcare entities.
Listen in as CyberPHIx host Brian Selfridge explores a Top 10 list of healthcare cybersecurity, privacy and risk themes for 2020-2021, while outlining major trends and predictions for our industry heading into the new year. Highlights of the discussion include:
- Healthcare shifts its focus toward patient safety and operational impacts of cyber events
- Remote is the new normal: security and privacy impacts for adoption of telehealth and telework models
- Class action lawsuits change the playing field for financial impacts related to cyber events
- Breach trends and the escalation of hacking attacks on healthcare entities
- New privacy and security regulations and enforcement are steady despite political and social volatility
- Third-party vendor risk becomes a dominant focus for security programs
- Cloud security emerges as its own specialized security domain
- Enterprise risk reporting becomes the “must have” skill set for security leaders and programs
- Increased automation of security processes and capabilities
- Staffing shortages for cyber talent and the rise of managed security services
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Take a look at our Top 10 Healthcare Cyber Risk Trends for 2021 infographic for a visual representation of these emerging trends as we head into the new year.