The digitization of healthcare delivery is upon us. Forbes estimates that 87% of healthcare organizations will have adopted the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) by the end of 2019 (Forbes, March 2019).
Information security management strategies to cope with the widespread use of medical devices and IoMT technologies are the focus of this CyberPHIx podcast, as Mike Wilson, SVP and Global CISO at Molina Healthcare and Brian Selfridge, Partner at Meditology Services discuss medical devices, IoMT and the evolving information security management role. Listen in as Mike and Brian discuss:
- Medical Device Risk Management and IoMT:
- Inventory management
- Existing and emerging tools
- Prioritizing security among devices - determining which type of devices to address first
- Skill sets needed to effectively manage medical devices and IoMT technology
- The role of the medial device manufacturers and the FDA in security leadership
- The future of the healthcare CISO role in a digital age:
- What does the healthcare look like in 2020-2030 and how is the CISO role evolving?
- Why is healthcare so challenging from a security perspective relative to other industries?
- What trends do we see emerging in healthcare security regulations at the federal, state, and international levels?