“Digital identity is the new control fabric,” says our CyberPHIx guest Wes Wright, CTO at Imprivata. Wes is one of the healthcare industry's most experienced technology leaders and has held prior roles as CTO for Sutter Health in California, CIO for Seattle Children's, Executive Director of Information Services for Scripps, and much more.
The healthcare industry is moving headlong into digital healthcare models that rely on one common factor: Identity Management.
In this episode, Wes shares his thoughts on industry challenges with patient identification and access control models as they relate to our rapid move into a digital healthcare model.
We also discuss trends for processes, standards, and technology to address emerging patient and workforce identity challenges as well as the implications for patient privacy, identity fraud, enterprise security, and much more.
Highlights of the discussion include:
- Patient identification challenges and risk impacts
- 21st Century Cures Act implications for patient identification
- Updates to trends in national patient identification
- HIPAA and regulatory compliance drivers for digital identity management
- Technology and automation advances in identity and access management
- The evolution identity technology and current capabilities
- Identity and access control models for cloud-hosted and third-party solutions
- Practical operational guidance for identity management programs to address emerging digital health models