Cyber hurricanes have been coming in fast and furious for healthcare organizations over the last several years. Their destructive force has left organizations with operational disruptions, financial loss, and reputational damage that may take years to clean up.
It is incumbent upon healthcare entities to take advantage of the tame periods between cyber incidents to make investments in preparation and response capabilities.
In this episode of The CyberPHIx, we tap into the extensive emergency management experience of Patrick Hinnant, Director of IT Operations, Facilities, and Emergency Management for Trillium Health Resources.
We discuss approaches for cyber emergency preparedness and several other topics including:
- Incident response and continuity from the ground level staff perspective all the way up to the executive level
- IT help desk and support best practices for incident response
- Common pitfalls and best practices for emergency response programs
- IT-specific challenges and approaches to emergency response including dealing with hybrid and cloud hosted infrastructures
- Grappling with cyber incidents and outages involving third-party vendors in the supply chain
- Evolving models of behavioral health and how to maintain these critical services during the pandemic
- External resources and guidance for cyber emergency management best practices and standards