Who is responsible for cybersecurity? It’s a simple question, but the answer may be more complex than you think. Listen in as we sit down with TJ Mann, Chief Information Security Officer at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City.
TJ helps us understand why it takes a cyber village to protect healthcare organizations. We delve into the roles and responsibilities that various stakeholder groups need to play to support and deliver effective information security programs.
Highlights of the discussion include:
- Which specific roles and stakeholders have the greatest impact on cybersecurity program effectiveness
- Healthcare business units that carry the most risk for healthcare entities
- Managing accountability for third-party vendors and shadow IT groups
- The changing role of enterprise risk management in healthcare
- Busting the myth that there is only one kind of end user
- The tension and collaboration between security, internal audit, and compliance functions
- The impact of the remote workforce on security roles and expectations
- The evolution of security leadership and team roles and functions