The 2018 Healthcare Data Security Outlook covers forecasts and trend data including:
- Increased board-level awareness and focus on security and compliance
- Increased prevalence of ransomware outbreaks through targeted and persistent attacks
- Continued threats posed by medical device security and IoT
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance requirements
- Security concerns exposed by the increased M&A activity among healthcare providers
- Increased scrutiny and enforcement activity from regulators and major business partners
This white paper presents a path for protecting the healthcare ecosystem from the current set of cyber threats and challenges. We will survey the landscape of healthcare security and privacy regulations and enforcement alongside emerging technologies and escalating attacks and breaches of patient information and systems.
We will discuss innovations in information security risk management, security automation, and leading practices for prioritizing limited resources to protect and defend critical healthcare assets and delivery systems.