Healthcare organizations are facing unprecedented cyberattacks that target sensitive information including highly sought-after payment card data. Healthcare entities face financial penalties, legal costs, and brand reputational damage in the event that systems are breached and payment card data is exposed.
The PCI Security Standards Council has also recently announced detailed timelines for the release of the much-anticipated PCI DSS version 4.0. There are several provisions that are proving controversial and generating a healthy debate about effective security controls to stem the torrent of payment card breaches.
In this webinar, Meditology’s PCI DSS leadership discusses lessons learned and best practices in their experience as industry’s leading PCI QSA and ASV provider dedicated to healthcare:
- Industry trends for breaches impacting payment card data
- New requirements for PCI DSS v4.0 and implications for healthcare organizations
- Timing and release schedule for PCI DSS v4.0
- Penalties for failure to comply with PCI-DSS requirements
- Commonly overlooked locations of payment card data for healthcare entities
- Common challenges for PCI compliance for healthcare organizations
- Leading practices for maintaining PCI DSS compliance
Meditology is an top-ranked PCI DSS Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) company that exclusively serves the healthcare industry.