Cybersecurity incidents have wide-ranging impacts including patient safety, operational effectiveness, and regulatory compliance. Effective preparation and response to common security incidents has become an essential organization skill set required to survive the tumultuous environment facing healthcare entities today.
Join us in this episode of the CyberPHIx as we speak with Nadia Fahim-Koster, who is a Partner with Meditology Services and leads the organization’s privacy and security practice. We discuss cybersecurity incident response trends and leading practices for healthcare entities.
Highlights of the discussion include:
- How to engage the business: incident response simulations techniques and approaches
- Lessons learned from incident response tabletops and real-world cybersecurity events
- Changes to incident response practices during COVID-19
- The dependence on third parties and incorporating third-party communication and planning into incident response plans
- How to engage external parties like the FBI and cyber liability providers in incident response processes
- Ransomware payment trends and decision points for the business
Nadia is an industry thought leader and expert in managing healthcare privacy and security programs. She draws upon more than 20 years operational experience as a former CISO and Chief Privacy Officer with two large regional hospital/physician networks in the Atlanta-market.
She is a Partner in Meditology Services’ IT Risk Management Practice and spearheads the firm’s privacy and security projects. Nadia is a sought-after consultant and presenter on privacy, security and compliance programs including addressing all requirements for HIPAA/HITECH, GDPR as well as PCI standards.