The CyberPHIx Roundup is your quick source for keeping up with the latest cybersecurity news, trends and industry leading practices, specifically for the healthcare industry.
In this episode, our host Brian Selfridge highlights the following topics trending in healthcare cybersecurity this week:
- MD Anderson has a $4.3m OCR fine vacated by appellate court in third appeal; potential impacts to OCR enforcement going forward are explored
- Micky Tripathi and Robinsue Frohboese are tapped to lead ONC and OCR
- President Biden invests $10b in cybersecurity to combat Russian attacks and strengthen US cyber protections
- Excellus Health Plan settles with OCR for a $5.1m penalty
- OCR continues enforcement of HIPAA Right of Access by fining Banner Health in 2021
- A class action lawsuit is waged against Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego for failure to protect against a ransomware breach caused by their third-party business associate, Blackbaud