The CyberPHIx Roundup is your quick source for keeping up with the latest cybersecurity news, trends and industry leading practices, specifically for the healthcare industry.
Healthcare organizations are scrambling to adjust their cybersecurity preparation and response capabilities in the wake of potential cyberattacks stemming from the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
Meditology has been monitoring the situation closely and advising our healthcare clients on the latest threat vectors and response approaches.
This special edition of The CyberPHIx provides guidance for US-based healthcare entities for preparing and responding to cyberattacks and cyberwar tactics deployed as part of this ongoing conflict. We also cover a few other news items trending in healthcare cybersecurity and compliance.
In this episode, our host Brian Selfridge highlights the following topics:
- Russia-Ukraine cyberwar overview
- Russia’s cyberwar capabilities & attack methods
- Analysis of darknet cyberwar activity
- Guidance from the CISA, FBI, & NSA on the Russia/Ukraine cyberattacks
- Recommendations for healthcare cybersecurity leaders to prepare and respond to cyberwar activities
- Upcoming deadline for HIPAA breach reporting to HHS
- Details on a new bill introduced to modernize HIPAA
- Analysis of the HHS report on securing Electronic Health Records (EHR)