The CyberPHIx Roundup is your quick source for keeping up with the latest cybersecurity news, trends and industry leading practices, specifically for the healthcare industry.
In this episode, our host Brian Selfridge highlights the following topics trending in healthcare cybersecurity this week:
- National emergency declared for Colonial Pipeline ransomware attack; details and implications for healthcare entities
- Analysis of the Cloud Security Alliance Report titled The State of Cloud Security Concerns, Challenges, and Incidents
- CISA’s new guidance for managing supply chain risks, including lessons learned from a historical review of supply chain attacks for the past decade
- CISA/FBI alert on the “FiveHands” ransomware attackers
- A new GDPR EU directive and pending legislation requiring continuous due diligence of third-party vendors
- NIST soliciting comments for updating their guidance on implementation of the HIPAA Security Rule