The CyberPHIx Roundup is your quick source for keeping up with the latest cybersecurity news, trends and industry leading practices, specifically for the healthcare industry.
In this special episode, our host Brian Selfridge provides a rundown of the presidential executive order, Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity, signed by President Biden in May. Also covered is the executive order, America's Supply Chains, signed in February of this year.
The executive order is the second and most comprehensive of two executive orders issued by President Biden on cybersecurity topics this year. Brian provides a summary of the orders and discusses implications for healthcare entities.
Analysis is provided for key topics from the executive order including:
- Enabling the sharing of threat intelligence and protection mechanisms
- Modernizing federal government cybersecurity
- Enhancing software supply chain security
- The establishment of a cyber safety review board
- Standardizing the federal government’s playbook for responding to cybersecurity incidents and vulnerabilities
- Improving detection of cybersecurity vulnerabilities and incidents on federal government networks
- Improving the federal government's investigative and remediation capabilities
- National security systems requirements