The CyberPHIx Roundup is your quick source for keeping up with the latest cybersecurity news, trends and industry leading practices, specifically for the healthcare industry.
In this episode, our host Brian Selfridge highlights the following topics trending in healthcare cybersecurity this week:
- Telehealth adoption trends and highlights from a new KLAS report released this week
- Lessons learned from a recently reported breach event for a telehealth app
- Federal HIPAA and state exemption extensions and modifications related to telehealth platforms and recommendations for steps that healthcare providers can take to secure telehealth platforms
- 21st Century Cures Act enforcement, fines, and technical integration and security mandates
- Smart phone app integration standards for EHRs as part of the Cures Act including HL7’s FHIR standard, EHR and app development progress, and related security requirements and recommendations for healthcare entities