The CyberPHIx Roundup is your quick source for keeping up with the latest cybersecurity news, trends and industry leading practices, specifically for the healthcare industry.
In this episode, our host Brian Selfridge highlights the following topics trending in healthcare cybersecurity this week:
- Review of the key healthcare cybersecurity findings in the 2020 IBM Cost of a Data Breach Report (formerly known as the Ponemon Data Breach Report)
- Average healthcare breach costs, top sources of data breaches, and most effective security interventions for reducing breach costs and impact
- Analysis and recommendations for healthcare security CISOs and programs to adjust based on this new data and related trends
- Details of a presidential executive order issued this week to promote rural telehealth access and incentives for Medicare populations
- $53m federal stimulus proposed to improve cybersecurity and protect COVID-19 research data