The CyberPHIx Roundup is your quick source for keeping up with the latest cybersecurity news, trends and industry leading practices, specifically for the healthcare industry.
In this episode, our host Brian Selfridge highlights the following topics trending in healthcare cybersecurity this week:
- Big tech firms including Google and Apple make major moves to exit the healthcare industry
- Amazon moves full steam ahead into healthcare, but is struggling to scale solutions due to IT and cyber staffing skill set shortages
- Cybersecurity staffing and talent shortage trends and new initiatives from the White House and CISA designed to build the cyber workforce
- Details of $30b+ cybersecurity investment commitments from President Biden’s summit with ADP, IBM, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and other big tech firms
- New targeting of healthcare business associates and outpatient practices by cyber criminals
- California breach notification bulletin details from California’s Attorney General and implications for state regulatory enforcement across the country