The CyberPHIx Roundup is your quick source for keeping up with the latest cybersecurity news, trends, and industry leading practices, specifically for the healthcare industry.
In this episode, our host Brian Selfridge highlights the following topics trending in healthcare cybersecurity this week:
- OCR’s announcement of new director, Lisa J. Pino
- FTC expands the Healthcare Breach Rule; implications for healthcare entities and enforcement
- Healthcare breach highlights including Apple Healthkit, FitBit, GoogleFit, Walgreens, Fortinet, and more
- Details on “irrecoverable” EHR ransomware event for an Arizona-based healthcare provider
- Summary of new Cloud Security Alliance guidance on ransomware protections
- U.S. Treasury takes action against cryptocurrency in counter-ransomware initiative