Federal and state regulations and standards bodies are playing catchup to stem the tide of privacy breaches and harm to patients, as information disseminates across disparate healthcare systems and platforms.
In January 2020, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) released a new framework designed to help healthcare entities assess and manage a wide range of emerging privacy risks.
This webinar provides an overview and recommendations for implementation of the NIST Privacy Framework: A Tool for Improving Privacy Through Enterprise Risk Management.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- Business drivers for adoption of the new framework to tackle emerging privacy risks
- An overview of the framework design and structure including the Core, Profiles, and Implementation Tiers
- Enterprise risk management concepts that harmonize cybersecurity and privacy risk considerations
- Privacy risk assessment methodologies using the new framework
- Using the NIST Privacy framework to support third-party vendor risk management
- Current and future applications of the framework including potential regulatory and contractual mandates for adoption
Nadia Fahim-Koster - MBA, MSHL, CISSP
ITRM Partner at Meditology Services
|Maliha Charania - MSIS, MSCS, CCSFP
IT Risk Management Manager at Meditology Services